Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan. This layali lubnan recipe includes the requisite semolina, flower waters, and pistachios, but I've changed things up and added dried cranberries And, of course, I've used plant-based nondairy milk in the semolina pudding and I've replaced the traditional thick dairy cream topping (called ashta). Layali lubnan. (Lebanese Nights, Madlouah, Madloka, Madlouqa, ليالي لبنان). Traditionally, this dessert is served topped with cream or ashta (thick clotted cream) and crushed or ground pistachios, but additional toppings may include other nuts and sliced fruit such as bananas or strawberries, while.
Sprinkle almonds or pistachios or pomegranate seeds on top of the bananas. Check my blog for the real Layali Lubnan Recipe. Layali Lubnan is a cold semolina pudding with caramel syrup sauce and pistachio nut topping. Hello Momma. Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan the tastiest and easiest way to do it. You will be able Making Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan use 22 Ingredients and 8 the steps. So I make a decision with this recipe.
Ingredients Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan
- prepare 4 cups something milk.
- prepare 5 tablespoons something sugar.
- need 4 tablespoons something cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon something orange blossom water.
- need 1 tablespoon something rose water.
- prepare 1 teaspoon something mastic gum, crushed with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- prepare something – For the ashta cream: prepare ahead of time.
- prepare 2 cups something milk.
- You need 2 cups something whipping cream.
- prepare 6 slices something American-style white bread.
- You need 5 tablespoons something cornstarch, dissolved in ½ cup water.
- You need something – For the sugar syrup:.
- need 2 1/2 cups something sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cups something water.
- need 1 teaspoon something orange blossom water.
- You need 1 teaspoon something rose water.
- You need 1 teaspoon something lemon juice.
- need something – For garnishing:.
- prepare 1/2 cup something ground pistachios.
- prepare 1/2 cup something pine nuts.
- prepare 1/4 cup something almonds.
- need 2 something bananas cut in round slices.
Banana Pudding With Condensed Milk And Cool Whip Recipes. The BEST Vanilla Wafer Banana Pudding Recipe! So when I made Banana Cream Pudding in a Jar, the hubs about died. He and my dad loved them and It truly has that classic taste and it really is easy to make.
Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan Processes Preparing
- To prepare the sugar syrup, put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 minutes until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl..
- In a non-sticky or stainless steel pot, put together the milk, sugar, dissolved starch and a dash of salt. Put on medium heat and stir continuously until the mixture thickens..
- Turn off the heat. Add the rose water, orange blossom water and mastic gum..
- Pour in a serving container and leave it to cool. Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hr before serving..
- To prepare the ashta cream: Cut off the edges of the bread. Discard. Cut in dices the soft white part. Place the bread dices in a saucepan and pour the milk and whipping cream over them. Let the bread dices soak in the milk and cream mixture for at least 2 hr in the refrigerator. Put the saucepan on medium heat and, with a wooden spoon, start stirring the bread and milk mixture. Once the milk starts heating, add the water-dissolved cornstarch. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens. Once d.
- Immediately before serving, spread the ashta cream over the Layali lubnan. Sprinkle with pistachios, almonds and pine nuts. At the end, add the banana slices and pour the sugar syrup on top of it all..
- Note: You can serve the layali lubnan with honey instead of sugar syrup..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'Ashta cream' listed under my profile..
Sugar, cornstarch and milk are heated until. Decorate with the whipped cream all over the top then sprinkle with pistachio and the toasted almond flakes. A new dessert we are really excited about, very easy to make and simply delicious. Layali Lubnan (Semolina Pudding) is a Lebanese dessert and this is our little attempt to make it. Do give it a try and let us know about your experience in comments below.