Banana bread. This banana bread recipe is moist and delicious, with loads of banana flavor. I've made several banana bread recipes here and I always come back to this one, it is a wonderful. Because it really is the best banana bread recipe, period.
Banana bread that will remind you of your mom's recipe or your grandma's recipe…but even better. This moist banana bread has an intense banana flavor and the perfect amount of sweetness. Use overripe bananas to bake a classic banana bread with this easy recipe from Food Network. Howdy Momma. Banana bread this delicious thing makes dinner special. You will be able Culinary Banana bread use 11 Ingredients and 15 the steps. So I make a decision cook this recipe.
Ingredients Banana bread
- You need Half something cup or 70 grams of walnuts or almonds;chopped and roasted.
- prepare 1 3/4 cup something or 230 grams of white flour.
- You need 150 g something or 3/4 cup white sugar or (100g white and 50g brown sugar).
- need 1 tsp something baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp something baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp something ground cinnamon.
- prepare 2 something large eggs.
- prepare 1/2 tsp something salt.
- You need 1/2 cup something or 113g melted cooled butter.
- prepare 300-454 g something ripe banana (7 to 8 bananas).
- You need 1 tsp something lemon (about a medium sized lemon).
Recipe courtesy of Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger. Banana bread is a "quick" bread made of very ripe bananas, sugar, butter, eggs, flour, vanilla, and a leavener. Since it is a quick bread, it uses baking soda rather than a yeast to help the bread rise as it. Healthy Banana Bread – The Perfect Recipe For Breakfast Or Snack.
Banana bread Instructions Cooking
- Preheat the oven @ 180 degrees Celsius. (15 mins before you intend to put the bread in the oven)..
- Line the loaf tins ahead of time too with some butter paper after putting oil on them. This recipe fills about two medium loaf tins..
- Roast the nuts. You can put them on a baking sheet and roast them for 8 to 10 minutes or you could do the same in a non stick pan without any oil. Then chop them with a knife or put them in the blender and grind untill they turn into flakes..
- Take the bananas and mash them with a fork. Add the lemon..
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon..
- Sift these. Then add the nuts. (be sure to add the nuts in the dry ingredients).
- Beat the melted butter and sugar well. (You can melt the butter in a double boiler). The sugar used is the normal sugar, not the powdered one..
- Beat the eggs and salt in a separate bowl untill fluffy. ((If you dont wanna include the cinnamon in the recipe, add a dash of vanilla essence but cinnamon is MUCH preferred)).
- Add the butter sugar mixture to the eggs in a big bowl. Add the bananas and lemon and beat very lightly..
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and fold with a spatula. (Dont over mix and dont keep the mixture for too long either as you've added the baking soda)..
- Scoop the mixture about halfway in the loaf tins. You can add some banana slices or nuts on the top for decoration..
- Bake @ 180 degrees Celsius or 350 F for about 30 minutes in the second rack of the oven and then check with a toothpick. For the bread to be completely done, the toothpick should come out clean..
- In the end, once it's almost baked, after sort of about 30 mins, shift it to the middle or the fourth rack and turn on the upper grill and give it like 5 mins for some colour to appear on it. When the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done.
- (This recipe could potentially take you longer than 30 minutes depending on the size of the loaf so checking with a toothpick is crucial)..
- Glaze the top of the bread with butter or butter plus jam as soon as it's done for added softness..
It's so light and moist and stays. Banana bread is perfect for using up overripe bananas – the browner they are the better. This is an easy banana bread recipe that gives perfect results every time. Be sure to use really ripe bananas. The Best Banana Bread Recipes on Yummly